Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Second only to...

Fed up with my beloved sons moaning about being made to do work for school years beneath the one he would be in, last week I ordered GP Maths, Science, History & English in the first books of the secondary series. Science, History & English he could do in his sleep at that level but I think in about 20 Maths pages time he will regret moaning! He asked, he got, sometimes you learn to regret asking for things.

So, up as usual this morning, work, afore mentioned GP books arrived, Charlie did an exercise or 2 of each, played with some K-nex motors after his brand-new-only-arrived-yesterday Meccano set was confiscated as a punishment, he dealt with the dogs, I dealt with work stuff and parent stuff and then after lunch we dashed off to the unit as I needed to try and install some trial software.

That failed - @£$%&!!! stupid Windows machines - I could have kicked it. Someone NEEDS to sort out proper stock and order management software for Macs, please!

So we left after an hour had passed and I had unpacked our second delivery from a new supplier. We marvelled at the new animatronic dinosaur model outside Avalon Studios - they make the Walking with Dinosaurs models - we love that they are on our business village as there is always exciting stuff around to look at and they sometimes let Charlie go in and watch a model being molded or having something done to it. Also found out they are putting on an exhibition type thing on Oxford Street next year - they've made 24 dinosaurs for that. Lovely people too.

Popped round the corner to go to Tescos, didn't buy anything though, wanted to look at a Flip video camer IRL and also checked out a few other bits and pieces. Back home for dinner and have been stuck upstairs working ever since.

3 comments:

Merry said...

Found you again - blog doesn't have rss feed on it that i can make work and i keep forgetting to check :( I seem to spend my life chasing my tail as it is. You are always welcome over here though - but i know that is just as tricky to arrange.

Merry said...

Twice! *rolls eyes!*

Claire said...

Will go and kick RSS feed, I probably haven't done an update or something.