Yesterday Charlie restarted his "normals" and we had a quiet day at home with just a return visit to the vets for both dogs. 3 visits and 3 lots of medicine for both their hideous ear infections at a cost of £200 so far. Dodger started off with an infected right ear, on our second visit that ear was cleared up but his left ear was then infected and yesterday being told his left ear is clear now, the right ear however, had got re-infected. Arrggghhhh. Megan is still bad in both ears so more drops for both of them. If they are no better in two weeks when we go again they will need blood tests as something is clearly not right and both have lost weight too.
Bloody dogs are more trouble than children!
Today I woke up with yet another temperature. It started at 100.1 and was up to 101.7 at lunch time. I was having some weird visual disturbances as well this morning so spent most of the day in bed. My new Macbook Pro came - I am in love and have spent an hour transferring all my documents and files over to that and wiping my old Macbook ready to give to Charlie-bob for his birthday a week on Friday. He has no idea and is going to be over the moon, particularly as his not-even-a-year-old-yet HP laptop seems to have died a funny death that even I can't fix.
He is becoming quite the little Apple fanboygeek with his two Ipods and soon to be Macbook!
He didn't do any normals today, apparently because he was looking after me. I just let it go as it is true that I have been really ill for about 3/4 of the last 6 months.
I became an Aunt today. My brother's GF had their baby, a girl, after being induced as she was 2 days late and her blood pressure was a little high. Sounds like Australia is even more over-medicalised than America to me. I had a nasty shock over the name as it was the same name that I gave the baby I miscarried. My brother can't have known that but it knocked me for six when my mum told me this morning, particularly as its only been two weeks since I had to cancel my IVF cycle this month. It will be weird hearing that name though for a little while, my mum was understanding when I eventually explained though. Charlie thought it was a bit funny as his first and middle name were also used by second cousin who was pregnant at the same time as me, although she did know that I had chosen those names before she decided as I had a private anomaly scan and was told the sex so we chose his names straight after that.
It seems January is a very popular month to have babies, my godson on the 4th, my niece on the 5th, two of my friends on the 13th, and Charlie on the 15th. January ends up being nearly as expensive as December!
We had been planning to go to HE ice skating in Oxford on Thursday but I think the weather is going to stop that as the windscreen wipers stopped working just before Christmas and the car isn't going to the garage until Friday as that was the earliest they could fit us in. I also found out that a local HE group has been started. Only monthly and I'm not sure of the ages of the children, but who cares? I will get to speak to some grown ups that neither a) work for me, b) are related to me.
1 comment:
Local HE group sounds good :)
Post a Comment