Friday, October 13, 2006

This week

Sunday began with an early wake up call and then we all set off to the BPA Baby & Child trade fair at the NEC. This was a really good trade show for us to attend, enough relevant companies to interest and a good chance to make final decisions on whether to stock certain new products. Also had a couple of so-called "meetings" set up where basically you have an arranged time to see a supplier and they "talk" you through the products. You know, just in case you can't work out how to make the toy squeak or something. Rolls eyes.

Charlie was fabulously behaved which impressed me, especially after the woman handing out the ticket lanyards warned him that if he was caught more than 2 cms from an adult he'd be removed by security and assumed a lost child!

Had some lunch there - ugh disgusting nowhere near the standard of the catering in the hall Premier Kids was in, went round the rest of the stands and then said goodbye to B as she was catching the train to Derby to stay with her friend for a couple of nights. After almost making it out of the NEC complex B called my mobile to say her friend had just cancelled on her, so I had to fight my way back and find her - not easy!

Home then and a quiet evening.

Monday
Up early again and off to stay with Merry for the night. We had a wonderful time, Charlie was a bit ermm, mouthy, mainly due to tiredness but also I think due to being away from B.

Mistress of the evil emporium predictably made me spend money on fimo accessories and beads despite my protests. Actually she managed to take two lots of money from me, one lot for the fimo et al and then another because I'd run out of some stock and so bought some from her. She got business and personal funds out of me - now that's impressive.

Merry forced me to do some fimo despite my protestations that I just can't do arty stuff - she didn't believe me. She died laughing at my pig attempt and then cruely ripped apart my fish and demanded I started again!!

Dinner done and children in bed I found myself picking orders (and cocking them up!) and then surveying the piles of paperwork that was Merrys account stuff.

As Merry blogged, I rolled my eyes repeatedly at her excuses "I've got 4 kids", "I was pregnant", "I had a new baby" and other gems, none of that cut any ice with me though. Maybe I'm a bit harsh?! I put in 6 hours of sorting, stapling, writing and organising at went to bed at 3am, Merry having abadoned me at 2am because she was exhausted - lightweight! I really enjopy paperwork/account type stuff - don't know why. It was immensely satisfying.

Tuesday saw me up at an ungodly 7.45am. After the children all finished breakfast (which the abley got themselves) I organised them into getting dressed and then a dvd was put on whilst I did another two hours or so of Merry's accounts and finished! Poor Merry was exhausted because Josie had kept her up in the night so she had a lie-in whilst I happily kept an eye on the children, not that they needed much supervision, just an ear. Sorted out lunch for the children and had a lovely time playing with Ammi and looking at a book on Egypt with her. Whilst M was gone, I decided that Fran is definitely getting the same adult "'tude" as Charlie has which made me feel better. She even rolled her eyes at me once! She redemed herself by asking for a cuddle and snuggling up on the sofa with me though.

Charlie and Ammi make me laugh so much when they are together. Ammi likes to throw herself on him for cuddles and he always looks so shocked and proclaims that he doesn't know what she will do. Yet he always throws himself on B and I for cuddles and is Mr mega cuddly. I think he still has the mental scars from the marriage proposal on our first visit.

We set off in the afternoon after having a lovely time and Charlie really didn't want to leave and declared one night not enough. Got home in time for a lovely roast dinner cooked by B.

Wednesday & Thursday I don't remember much of - did some eBay stuff, set up an Amazon marketplace account for the biz and listed some stuff, wrapped lots of parcels and took them to the post office.

On Thursday I received the most beautiful bunch of flowers from Merry for helping with her accounts - such a lovely thought and they really made my day so thank you again Merry!

Today we went to West Midlands Safari Park and had a lovely time. It was so quiet so we were able to drive round and stop whenever and wherever we liked and I really got to try out my 70-300 zoom lens to the best of its ability. Got some shots I am really pleased with and some I am not - but that is mainly because the focus point was set wrong and also because I can't use the camera on manual settings with that lens as I shake too much as its heavy and long.

I absolutely love the white tigers and white lions.

Came back and packed some more orders and did some bits here and there and now I'm downloading photos from my camera and uploading them to flickr.

Charlie watched the Yoga Bugs dvd which arrived yesterday and he really likes it, so that's good.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Aww sorry! I guess my tone doesn't come over well and I can never remember the right code for the smilies I want to use! Have amended it now. I didn't do "childcare" anyway, just kept an ear out really.

Claire said...

Arrghhh! Bangs head on desk.