Meant to post last night but decided to switch over to the new blogger beta so couldn't. Quite like it so far, it's always good to have a change and the page element stuff is pretty good.
On Friday, not content with starting my packing I also did all my Christmas present wrapping so am feeling very virtuous now.
Saturday started with very long lie-ins for everyone and then into town for lunch at our favourite cafe, really lovely freshly-made food there - yum. Then I bought our first lot of dollars in preparation for January, B went to the bank and I bought Charlie two Disney dvd's for Christmas to add to his collection. I chose this and this in the BOGOF offer on Disney DVD's at the moment.
Then off to Staples for some mundane business shopping consisting only of a clipboard and some AtoZ dividers.
Home for toasties and X Factor watching snuggled on the sofa.
Sunday was a big chill out day. Usual bacon sandwiches for breakfast and also lunch out again, followed by the weekly shop.
Then we came home and put on a dvd - Finding Nemo - whilst we all did HappyMais pictures. Charlie decided to do an "abstract model" with his - he did abstract art in his first week of art club and I think it appeals to his lazy side! Pictures to follow later as I need to change lenses on my camera first!
I also did the reading test with Charlie found on Joannas blog. This was quite interesting for me as the last time he was tested was at school as part of his IQ assessment by the ed pysch. He was 6 years 8 months and his reading age was about 11 years from memory. Yesterday his reading age came out as 13 years 9 months and he is 8 years 9 months. No big surprises there really as his reading has always been very good which is why I struggle to find things he will enjoy that aren't totally unsuitable! He is reading one of my favourite childhood books at the moment - Tales of the Greek Heroes by Roger Lancelyn Green and is loving it.
No comments:
Post a Comment