Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Stupid blogger!

It won't let me leave comments on any of the blogs that I want to - grrrr

So a communal awwww and hugs coupled with good wishes for everyone that has poorly little ones - which ermmm, seems to be 80% of the blog ring!

Need to do a bit of a catch up now!

Mothers day was fab and apparently my 7 year old has a credit card.
Well I'm assuming thats how he ordered my flowers that arrived on Sunday(now I know what he was plotting with my parents when they threw me out of their office last week lol)

Ds is so cute. On Saturday night I was ordered (!) to set the alarm for 8 as we both usually sleep until 11am ish, as he had lots to do apparently! He spent Saturday writing plans and putting out clothes and banning me from his bedroom.

Anyway, alarm went off and he jumped out of bed ordering me to keep my eyes closed. He ran into his room, got dressed and then went downstairs. 5 minutes later he came up the stairs telling me to keep my eyes closed still.

Then he arrived in the room, told me to open my eyes lol Bless him. He had dressed in his suit and tie and had a tray with croissants and OJ on. He said he wanted to look handsome for me on my special day.He'd even tried to tie his tie - so cute. Apparently he was my servant for the day. So we had a lovely breakfast in bed and he'd made me such a cute card with " to a special mother" written on the front, the writing was so neat!

The flowers were beautiful too and apparently it was all his idea. So all in all a good day and he spent much of it tutting in disgust at the reports of various useless good for nothing hubbies not bothering on HB!

On Monday, my first parcel from Sonlight arrived. I am very, very impressed. I love the schedules in the IG, really fab, and you truly can dip in and out and not actually follow them rigidly. It really is as flexible as it claims to be and so easy to leave out all the religious stuff without it affecting anything. I am totally impressed and Charlie is over the moon - he really likes the History Spines and went doolally over the cuisenaire rods.

The rest of Monday and Tuesday were spent with mad working by me oh and new shoes for Charlie (again!)

Today Charlie has done a couple of pages in his maths workbook - helped by the rods. I also printed out some worksheets on roman numerals from abcteach.com as recommended by someone on the Sonlight forums. He really enjoyed this despite there being some rather clever maths sums on there too!

He's being doing yet more "birding" today - I am getting more and more concerned about breeding a bird watcher - it's just not cool!!

My parents got back from the Scilly Isles yesterday and we went and collected my work from them tonight. The Centre Parcs stuff came and my mind boggled at how much you can pre-book! All we've decided so far is to eat at the Indian on the first night, Charlie and my dad will do the 2 hour guided nature walk on the Sunday and mother and I will go get pampered

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm having the same problem with blogger everywhere - took me ten minutes to get in here!

Your Mother's day sounded lovely :)

Sarah said...

I'm having the same problem with blogger everywhere - took me ten minutes to get in here!

Your Mother's day sounded lovely :)

Rossi said...

Blogger is driving me nuts and I fel so unloved with the severe lack of comments. i mean they're normally thin on the ground but they've dried up this week!

Well done Charlie!

Twitching? Yep I do it LOL!