The pic of Charlie on the slide is from Longleat Safari Park - they really do have the best playground I have ever seen. Been there twice with Charlie now over the years and he absolutely loves it.
Anyway, he was sufficiently recovered enough on Friday for us to zoom off to Center Parcs at Longleat - no signs of a temperature - just a bit full of cold. Journey was pain free as always - he is so good in the car - just sits and looks out the window and sucks his thumb. My parents left slightly before us and there was an irritating 15 minutes where I needed to top up my mobile phone in the CP car park whilst trying to find them.
Villa was lovely - we had a 3 bed executive two storey job - all the bedrooms had en suites and mine was much nicer than my bathroom at home. We also had an outside sauna and outisde shower which Charlie enjoyed running under fully clothed
Charlie and I sampled the pools and rapids on Friday - he managed ok on the rapids but the last part as you go inside again was rather dangerous I felt. Even I was forced under water and it was quite hard to fight the current there - ensuing panic as Charlie had gone down before me and I couldn't see him. We did the rapids twice and I decided that was enough for him. The outdoor pool was gloriously hot and lovely.
We ate in the indian restaurant on the first night and the food was amazing, even my parents were impressed and relieved as my mother especially was dreading the food I believe. It was the most exquisite vegetable korma I have ever tasted. Charlie had the pear sorbet for pudding and that was out of this world. I like that restaurant, it is reason alone to return to CP.
On Saturday morning I woke at 4am dying of pain in my ears, throat, chest, arms and legs - oh yes the flu had arrived!
We spent the day at Longleat Safari park which was most pleasant and after we got back Charlie and I went down to the Sports centre and I spent a small fortune in the shop there including an amusing t"shirt with a surf boarding - banana eating Chimp on the back for my chimp.
Sunday was a chill out day for us, although Charlie and my father went off on a guided nature walk which they seemed to enjoy. We did the fondue evening at the pancake house which was amusing.
We left at 9.30 on Monday morning and made it home 50 minutes later which was good going.
I am still full of cold and feeling really rough. My colds always last a minimum of 2 weeks, which isn't much fun at all.
2 comments:
Wow, nice long update and lots of photos :) Charlie's hair is growing back quickly!
Glad you had a good time at CenterParcs.
The holiday sounds really good. I think we might check that out as soon as we can (centerparcs).
Hope your cold doesn't get you down too much.
Ali
Post a Comment