Sunday, March 06, 2005

I've been pondering whether to start a seperate IVF blog rather than keep it in with this one. Especially after being verbally abused by a lovely comment leaver about being single, gay AND daring to want another baby. Well you know what Mr Whoever? It's been proven in several huge research studies that gay mums tend to do a much better job than hettie mums - so go stick that up your pipe and smoke it. (No offence to any of you lovely MP'ers!) You know what else? At least a child born to a gay mum isn't likely to be unwanted ever, because getting pregnant accidentally is bloody impossible! As for the comment about wasting NHS resources on my IVF treatment, for your information I am paying privately and NEED the IVF as I have serious fertility issues too. As if anyone would choose to inject themselves and suffer the side effects if it wasn't totally necessary.

Grrrrrrrrr

Anyway, to catch up with home ed stuff, we had home ed group on Wednesday which was fabulous. I am really loving this group and am quite nervous about the first meeting of the other group in a couple of weeks, because I can see that it isn't going to have the same vibe due to the person organising it.

The children played beautifully again, there were 6 families there this month, with one that I hadn't met before which was lovely. Charlie played really nicely with the younger ones again and was overjoyed to see baby J again. When the big ones started running round the tables at the end, he galiantly ran over, picked him up and carried him to his mum, as J was sat in their path and can only crawl or cruise with a hand held. Such a mother hen my little man.

Someone had bough Tip for the children to make things with, and all the children from the 3 year olds, right up to the 12 year olds, gathered round the table and made models with it. They were all helping each other too and it was so nice to see. Kept them involved for a good 45 minutes, and as always with these types of things, Charlie was still doing it when we were tidying up.

Some point this week maths and English were done, and a DWN picture too.He's done lots of drawing and reading and has finished "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" and "The Magicians Nephew" this week. He also shut himself in his playroom for about 2 hours on Thursday to make my mothers day card. I was forbidden to enter.

He has also informed me that he has plans for me tomorrow (a 7 year old???) I am getting breakfast in bed, and he has laid the tray out tonight with plates and cups. He also has other plans he says, and I'm not allowed in his bedroom! He says he is wearing special clothes and has got them ready.

In the car on the way to the supermarket this afternoon he asked if I could lend him some money so he could take me out for lunch tomorrow. After I finished pmsl, I gently told him that all the places would be booked up and it would be better if we spent the time together. He's so unbearably sweet sometimes.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Could understand why you'd want to separate the IV stuff - hope you'd still let us know where the blog is though.

Sounds like you've had a good week home ed wise :)

Classroomfree said...

Aww Charlie sounds such a darling! Very cute of him to plan things for you :-)

Sorry to hear about the, errr, erm, hmm, nice way of putting it, err, "not so nice" person.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY hun :-)

Jax Blunt said...

grrrr to anyone with no manners.

So how was mother's day then?

Allie said...

Sorry you've had a nasty comment. Sometimes the most ignorant people are the most opinionated aren't they!

Hope you had a nice mother's day. Our two woke up early and made cards jointly - all organised alone. Your Charlie sounds very sweet.