Yet again!
The best thing about giving up my job has been the clawing back of at least a little bit of time. Things are 100% calmer in the house (hmm well maybe the last 3 hormonal-fuelled weeks excepted) and I've almost found some time to spend with Charlie!
It's been difficult to go back to packing parcels, doing housework and cooking etc now that B has left, but somehow we're muddling through. Charlie has been amazing. Loads and unloads the dishwasher without complaint because he knows that it hurts my knees and back to do so, strips cooked chicken once we've had it because he knows I can't stand touching bones/carcasses, hoovers and dusts, all without asking, makes the lunch every day without complaint and even brings me a cup of tea and breakfast in bed. I'm lucky.
The idea of the businesses supporting both of us without the fall back of my job has been completely and totally scary, but we're managing. Of course it would help if a certain person wouldn't flout the maintenance court order at his whim after 8 years of always paying it, but I'm praying that it doesn't happen again at the end of this month because frankly, my mother shouldn't have to be sending e-mails asking where it is!
Having just been through another disasterous IVF cycle (only 11 eggs collected, only 1 of my share fertilising and me deciding on Monday that there was no point having it transferred) which led to several panics along the way, 6 days of not being able to walk properly, my car decided in its wisdom on Tuesday, in the pouring rain, to just simply die. Worse still, the garage can't find the fault.
Anything else this month? Let alone this year, 2007 along with 2006 is going to be written off as yet another truly crap and horrid year.
Been researching going to Czech Republic next year for IVF. Great success rates, will be able to go to Blastocysts, and a choice of 80 sperm donors which is amazing as this time here I had the grand choice of 1 donor. A close friend is also considering switching from our clinic, so all week we've been msn'ing sorting details out and researching the whole thing.
Business has been a bit of a nightmare with the Royal Mail strikes, the less said about that the better really, here's hoping it picks up soon. Lots and lots of new stuff in if anyone is interested, including Wedgits (better than Fun Blox)as well as lots of other things. I'm really thrilled with the re-design of the site, took a lot of work for me to describe exactly what I wanted and Sadie has absolutely got it right!
We had a lovely visit from Merry and the girls on Wednesday. Merry and I didn't spend the whole time in my office on our respective computers which was a shock, and instead gossiped on the sofa whilst the children had a fantastic time, mainly playing boats on my bed! Had some lovely cuddles from Maddy and Josie, who is as adorable as ever. The children carved the pumpkin Charlie had insisted on buying on Tuesday when my poor dad took us to Sainsburys after my car died and they did a great job doing the whole thing unsupervised. Very impressed. Merry spent a disgraceful amount of money buying presents for various little ones, I'm impressed because I managed not to spend a single penny with her last month!
Yesterday Charlie did EC and then fimo in the afternoon. Mainly making pumpkins and ghosts with some stars reading for Christmas lol! I finally ordered the next SL core and decided to try some Singapore maths for Charlie too. I was aghast when I checked on his progress in Maths on EC. He's still on the 5-6 years level and actually not doing that well really. Trying not to get stressed about it though as it's so obviously a total weakness. Ordered him the first level of Math U See as well today, so we'll see how we get on with those.
A few weeks ago I bought him some Key Stage 3 and GCSE Biology, Geography and Science books at his request, so we must sit down and start on those soon too.
Charlie is with my parents today at the NEC for the International Caravan & Motorhome Show - zzzzzzzzz I keep telling him he is a nerd and he doesn't like it!
Planning a quiet weekend I think. Charlie in a state of heightened excitement due to the live shows for X Factor starting.
3 comments:
We did do good gossip, didn't we?
Thank you for the day and hugs for all the other stuff; i think you are so brave.
Hugs for IVF stuff. will have a pop over to your new website then!!
Sorry to hear about IVF stuff and other stresses.
Post a Comment