Friday - Woke up feeling *really* terrible with a non-migrainous migraine (!?) so tried to sleep it off rather than working, but Charlie refused to stay downstairs and kept coming into the bedroom.
Was feeling slightly more human by the afternoon although I still didn't do any work so lazed on the sofa instead and talked to Charlie about what he'd like to do next. He asked to do some African animal pictures so we came up with the idea of drawing a map of Africa and sticking them all on. This necessitated a visit to Hobbycraft and I swear I can *still* hear my bank manager screaming. Charlie is *dangerous* in that place and we left £70 lighter.
We arrived home and Charlie started drawing the animals using his draw write now books.
Saturday - We had a lovely long lie in and then spent a while deciding on some house rules which Charlie was keen to write up. I can't blog what triggered this but suffice to say Charlie had attempted to do something pretty terrible to himself the night before. We also decided to re-jig the chores as he just refuses to dry up anymore without a huge fuss - so he ended up with *loads* of smaller daily jobs and a few weekly ones - all chosen by him and so far he is doing them without complaining.
After this Charlie set about completing his African animals project and the finished result looks pretty good (will blog a photo later) and he is really proud of himself.
After lunch we went to do some shopping. I needed to change the charger for my bluetooth headset for my V3 - absolutely loving my new phone and I also wanted to buy Harry Potter 6. Managed to buy four rolls of christmas wrapping paper which I was pleased with as I needed to wrap all the presents I have bought so far.
Came home and filled up the new paddling pool and Charlie and I lounged in it whilst Beverley ordered and fetched the chinese take away. Contemplated having dinner sat in the pool as the water was so warm but one look from B sorted that idea out!
Sunday - I had to finish my work today due to not having worked on Friday. Charlie and B played in the garden, read and generally mooched and then after lunch we all went to the local shop and had an ice cream. More laying around reading by all of us.
After dinner we wrestled Charlie into the bath - freezing cold with no hot water in at his request - nuts!
He didn't fall asleep until 11pm! I spent the evening wrapping his christmas presents - how organised and righteous do I feel?
4 comments:
Christmas presents?! I thought I was organised, but that beats the hell out of any early shopping I've ever done.
Hope Charlie is okay, btw. Doing terrible things to yourself seems a bit drastic at 8 :( Hopefully the house rules will help :)
I don't shop til after my birthday. Well, OK, since I have kids I've started shopping a bit earlier, but wrapping presents in July???
Hope that Charlie settles down quickly to the new regime :)
Do you know that's against the law?
Change in regime is often a good idea- we do it all the time!
A couple of the presents were big and becomming awkward to hide - so wrapping was a necessity! Waiting for B to leave the house for a bit so I can wrap the 3 I've got for her already too!
Post a Comment