Thursday, July 14, 2005

I'm not Mummy anymore....

.....but "mistress" according to my beloved son, and he is my servant and Bev is my head servant - oh the irony! He absolutely refuses to call me Mummy now - might have to remove all his roman books as he seems to have got into the whole mistress/servant thing from those!

So far this week he's had his first ever dentist appointment and despite him shaking with fear and us having to drag him out the car it went well. His teeth are excellent although the dentist said he will need a brace in a few years to sort out his top two teeth and if he is to play any contact sports he'll need a gum shield. Thank god he's not at school! The yellow spots on the bottom two were caused by damage done to the baby teeth when he was a baby/toddler and fell apparently. But thankfully he hasn't inherited my weak teeth - I am so relieved.

Charlie was diagnosed with psoriasis about 12 weeks ago and has now gone from 4 patches on his arm to a whole spread across his back and shoulders and patches on his leg. Spent a very interesting half an hour on the phone to the director of the m-folia company trying to figure out why it has suddenly got so much worse and what else we can try. He is kindly sending some free cream and advised some omega 3&6 oils too along with the scalp oil so we bought those and are awaiting their delivery.

Pregnancy tests arrived today from the clinic (?!) but bizarely no down reg drugs - talk about jumping the gun! Started the pill yesterday and within a few hours of taking it, hideous nausea arrived. I really *really* despise taking the pill - its horrid. Thankfully only 14 more of them to take and then I start the down reg drugs instead - oh the joys of the evil sniffs.

Bev and I were discussing how weird it is to imagine that in 5 weeks time this cycle will be over and we will be in the 2 week wait.

Charlie has done some miquon this week with a sprinkling of English - he still hates writing though and its not easy to persuade him to do any. I've tried everything including "quick writes" but its just not happening.

Behaviour was improved yesterday although there was still a tantrum about something or other - doing the drying up I think.

We bought some fans yesterday as ours had broken and its really important to keep Charlie as cool as possible atm. Seems to have worked - his skin wasn't red at all this morning.

1 comment:

dottyspots said...

LOL - being the cruel cow I am I would take advantage of the mistress/servant thing and get my kitchen floor scrubbed ;0)