One week today Charlie will start school. Four weeks today and I will be in the midst of my induction week at university. Time has passed very quickly. It seems ridiculous to think that when I finished college way back at the beginning of the summer, I had 12 weeks of holiday to look forward to, 9 of those with Charlie! It felt like forever and now it is all but over.
The last week or so has passed in a flurry of parcels arriving. Four core texts for me (£91!!), A4 notebook for Charlie, combat boots and parade shoes for Charlie, a new bag for uni, lunchbox for me, Kleen Kanteens for us both and trainers and shoes for Charlie to arrive this week. He still needs more stuff for Air Cadets but nothing else for school unless I have forgotten something. The joys of a non-uniform wearing school gives me lots to be thankful for!
He's grown lots already this year and I have had to get used to buying tops and underwear for him in the men's section of shops - a deeply weird experience for me, having never had to do so before. I can only get through it by making deeply inappropriate jokes in my head!
My Access Diploma certificates came in the post last week and it was really nice to see something official marking my achievement. Induction week at Uni is four days long and our timetable for that is very full. They are working us hard and we appear to have at least one lecture if not two. Oh and a free lunch on the first day which is Tuesday.
I am really looking forward to the whole experience and will definitely be blogging the whole thing as previously mentioned. I had toyed with getting a separate blog but that seems silly given that uni will become life, so this blog it is and I really didn't want a third blog to have to update as well. I may have separate the blogs in my second year when we start placements but we will see how it works out.
1 comment:
It's all creeping up so fast - argh!!!
Post a Comment