Saturday, March 31, 2007

More catch up!

Saturday was spent in town - shopping and at the Lights and Optics exhibition at the Banbury Museum. Excellent hands on activities that Charlie loved.

IMG_0245IMG_0246

IMG_0259IMG_0260

The Bubble Sheet was awesome but impossible to photograph with the compact rather than my dslr.

IMG_0240IMG_0243

Sunday was the photographic club outing to Cotswold Wildlife Park so we went along to that. Cue loads of stares from bewildered adults at the sight of a 9 year old walking round with a Nikon D70 and 70-300 telephoto lens, accompanied by his mother with a Canon 300d and measely kit lens. I hasten to add the Nikon is one of my dads old cameras that he has given to Charlie.

Anyway I have loved this wildlife park since I was about 5 when we first came here. My parents bought us here loads when we were little and I especially loved the brass rubbing activity but I never seem to remember to take Charlie to do that!

I didn't have my telephoto lens with me so my shots aren't so impressive but I liked this weird little penguin threesome thing going on

IMG_4147IMG_4146

IMG_4101IMG_4123

Bonus points to anyone who can work out what the last photo above is of!

A lovely few hours anyway and Charlie really enjoyed the playground, another one of my favourite childhood haunts.

Monday and Tuesday were work days, files, files, stress etc.

Wednesday we were up early to go for a jolly at the Puddles. Enjoyable day as always and fun coming up with the names for the Beedibles. Merry did an impressive job of photographing them with a little bit of expert direction from me.

Thursday and Friday I took as days off and just did a bit of biz stuff, mainly accounts stuff, bit of marketing and thinking about a whole new direction.

Today has been lazyish. Been into town, bought yet more business books and the HSM soundtrack and had a lovely lunch at the museum cafe. Mostly organic stuff there and yummy. Charlie had avacado and garlic dip with warm pita bread, olives and salad and was in foodie heaven!

Education wise Charlie has really powered on this week with EC, Sonlight and SOTW. EC is so worth the subscription price for us and has really helped difuse the maths stress in a big way. He was ecstatic to finally get access to the Spainish section as well.

He's done lots of art this week too, mainly from the usborne easter activities book we bought last weekend. He's done a painting, a printing and made an egg box gifty thing for my parents as their easter present complete with fimo chicks as his own addition. He's also made them an easter card - will photograph it all later. He also completed the hama mickey mouse which I have yet to iron.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Pic 4 = rhinoceros hide, maybe?

Sarah said...

We had our school at the Cotswold Wildlife Park once. Not just a school trip - the actual school was there. It was the ultimate in cool! Only lasted for a day as then our building got the planning permission we'd been waiting for - most of us kids were gutted, we'd been hoping the planning would go to appeal.

Claire said...

Joanna - yes!

Sarah - that sounds so cool!!