Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Home from Florida

Well actually we got back last Tuesday but things have been so manic I haven't had a chance to blog yet.

We had the most fantastic, amazing time. I was nearly in danger of relaxing but didn't quite make it - probably due to having so many things on my mind.

But we're back now, Charlie is 9 (how did that happen??) and all suffering from post-holiday depression! Charlie had a fantastic birthday - loads of fuss at the character meals I arranged - Disney Cast Members randomly singing Happy Birthday to him as we toured EPCOT (Disney give Happy Birthday badges with the child's name on them) and was given lots of special little treats by the CM's too. Totally magical and extra attention from the characters too which he loved.

I have to say though that I never thought of my gobby, self opinionated, self assured, confident son as shy but when CM's gave him attention and asked him questions he did go very quiet and answered in this little quiet voice that arrived from nowhere - most odd!

I'll do a proper holiday blog soon with some photos and highlights of my favourite bits - the dolphins were awesome - will have to find a scanner to scan the photos in. Still have more photos to upload despite doing it several times a week whilst in Florida.

Business has been manic but not Anara Toys (except for loads of stock deliveries and sorting out the changes to the site) but also I bought another wahm business and that has been manic. I also gave up my job at the end of December so now do the same thing but freelance which means I have 3 business now and 3 sets of tax returns to do each year - arrrggghhhh.

Charlie hasn't done any formal education since we've been back but that's ok because Disney World is surprisingly educational with lots of excellent attractions with a heavy edu-basis. Have plans for stuff to restart this week but we'll see how it goes. Had to cancel on Merry today due to being over loaded which was horrid.

4 comments:

Jax Blunt said...

welcome home (and back on board :) )

Joanna said...

Glad you had a good time!

HelenHaricot said...

welcome home! not the best place to ask, but not got email, but do you sell the castle and dungeon plus minus keep that pintoy do? was about to buy from cheapest internet [2 diff places!] but wondered if you sold them too - can't see on the site

dottyspots said...

Busy busy then :)