Thursday, November 30, 2006

At 8.30 in the morning it's too early for education in my book but clearly not in Charlie's. He was looking at the £5 note my parents gave him yesterday and was trying to guess why Elizabeth Fry was famous. His guess was pretty close as he suggested that as she was surrounded with children in the picture it must be helping children. I couldn't remember, so we googled. I think prison reform and particularly helpping women and children in prison is pretty close to his guess. We found a lovely walk through type thing on a bbc site, so he enjoyed that and is now ranting about the injustices of being poor in those days and being sent to prison for stealing a bit of bread from the rich.

1 comment:

Jax Blunt said...

8.30 in the morning is too much for just about anything in my book, but I too have early rising offspring. How does that work then?