Yesterday was mother's day and it occurred to me that it should have been my last mother's day as the mother of one child. I should be having a baby in 6 weeks. I should be bigger than the pregnant tutor at college that teaches me twice a week & is due in July. It's getting harder and harder to sit in her lessons. I'm not sure why life has turned out this way but both of my lost babies were due in May, and now, due to yet another August cycle booked, I will end up with another May due date if I am lucky. There is no way around this as I start uni in September and need to complete my first year before taking any maternity leave. Due to the nature of a social work degree, leaving part way through is just not possible.
Today Charlie practised vital life skills by thoroughly cleaning & mopping the main bathroom & my ensuite whilst I laboured hard over my dissertation for college. It has been very hard without any access to academic texts, studies or journals, but I have done my best despite the lack of resources. It's basically finished although I will have a tutorial on Wednesday morning to go over it and will then need to make any changes that my tutor suggests.
So tomorrow it is back to the grindstone of college with English Language and psychology.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment