Thursday, May 24, 2007

Been a while

Things have been so,so,so busy here lately I have very little time for anything much! Have been expanding the business quite drastically by tripling the product lines - well over 300 now and still more to come. Business has also been very busy on Amazon which I've been particularly pleased with and the site has been getting much busier as well. We were a recommended company in Janey Lee Grace's new book published at the end of last month which was fantastic and has helped sales along nicely too. Lots of changes afoot there too with a re-design underway, a new logo, some serious SEO & PR work being done and all sorts of other things. All quite exciting really.

Managed to see a fair bit of Merry and girls at the beginning of the month/end of last month - most of which she blogged so I won't! Suffice to say it was all lovely gossip, play time and trampoline assembly time.

Charlie has suffered pretty badly from all the mad busyness to be honest and the last couple of weeks haven't helped much with several rushed visits up and down to London to the clinic. He has spent today with my parents, and will do the same tomorrow and Saturday so at least he is getting some full on attention there which he desperately needs atm. Its very hard not to feel really guilty but I know that in the end it will all be worth it and he does seem to understand that I need to work really hard on the business to enable us all to stay at home and continue with our current lifestyle. He also grasps that it won't be forever and that one day there will be hopefully be staff doing all the mad running about which will equal lots more time with us. I'm sure seeing me run 3 businesses is a good lesson in hard work anyway but the guilt is awful.

We had a lovely weekend away in Devon at the beginning of the month courtesy of my parents. They booked us all rooms to celebrate my dad's 60th at a rather lovely little hotel with its own private beach, indoor & outdoor pools, games room, tennis etc etc. Food was divine and Charlie had a wonderful time. He, my parents and brother climbed the rather large mountain just outside the hotel on the Saturday morning whilst B and I lounged around in the lounge, reading and having a drink whilst gazing over the ocean and watching their progress!

Ww went to Salcombe for lunch and it was lovely there - gorgeous beaches and we had a nice walk around. Charlie and Bev played table tennis, went swimming, played crazy golf and pool in the afternoon whilst I relaxed a bit and feverishly worked on some documents for the business on my lovely new Sony Vaio laptop. It was a really lovely weekend and very nice to just get some time to do nothing.

Charlie is very close to finishing his Sonlight Core now, apparently he has finished his Science core already. He's been doing really well on his EC too and his maths is starting to come along very nicely. Sometimes he even spontaneously ask maths type questions and fiddles around with numbers on the calculator so he's clearly trying to understand it all. His favourite thing on EC at the moment is the Spanish - he loves it which reminds me I must order some Usborne Spanish and French stuff from Joanne - keep forgetting.

This weekend we have a stand at the Herts County Show they're expecting 25,000 each day I think. We went over there to start setting up today and will finish off tomorrow before the show itself on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately my parents are going off on yet another holiday (they haven't been back from India for a month yet!) on Sunday so poor Charlie has to be dragged with us on Sunday - the busiest day. I think he'll enjoy it though as he loves chatting to customers.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

B****r. Was going to pre-book tickets to save on entry costs and have been so busy I've forgotten.

May well see you there . . .

Claire said...

Do come and say hello if you do!

Jax Blunt said...

gosh, does sound busy. Wondered where you'd got to.

Merry said...

Sulking so badly about not being there, especially as the games and little czars all turned up in time. Pah.
Hope it goes really well.

Joanna said...

Ready when you are!!
I'm sure all the hard work will pay off in due course.

Michelle said...

Lovely meeting you today. Meant to pop back and say goodbye but it's a long way from one end of the site to the other . . .

Hope business was good and even better tomorrow.

HelenHaricot said...

glad quiet cos things busy. hoping for you with the london stuff.
must pop by your site agian some time!