Monday - started early as we went to Merry's to pick up Fran and Maddy for a two night sleepover. Hideous journey down there due to traffic and slight fog this end until about Northampton-ish.
Merry and I business gossiped and the children exchanged xmas pressies - Charlie was thrilled with his fimo refill pack and the girls all seemed pleased with their "leggies" and Josie with her ostheimer giraffe. Managed to set off ok and got back here in time for lunch after a most entertaining journey home where I learned all sorts of interesting things about Merry and Max's driving and the girls were utterly enthralled with the sat nav and watching it count down the miles to the next turn/roundabout etc.
After lunch we nipped into town as I desperately needed a few bits and bobs we hadn't been able to get on Saturday. Met up with B and let the children pick cakes/cookies/doughnuts in M&S. Home for play and 102 Dalmatian watching and then dinner and bed - all very peaceful. I took some photos of dinner because it was such a novelty to have more than one child sat at my dining table again!
Tuesday - quick play this morning before leaving to go to the cinema in Oxford to see Happy Feet. Nice and easy park and ride journey in to find the cinema closed and having to stand outside in the freezing cold for 15 minutes before they finally opened it. There was quite a queue and at one point I though there was going to be a revolt due to all the staff inside in the warm laughing at us in the cold - ggrrrrr I have never been anywhere they make you stand outside! Bring back the Cribbs cinema complex where you can get inside any time before the films start.
The film was funny and the children seemed to really enjoy it - my favourite part was the crazy "mexican" penguin characters - oh how they made me laugh. To Charlie's utter disgust we went to McDonalds for lunch - the server looked like I was mad when he asked for a toasted chicken salad deli sandwich (he won't eat burgers or nuggets) her face gave me a good chuckle anyway.
Back home by about 3.30ish and more play and a couple more dvd's before dinner and bed. All 3 children went to bed wearing "leggies" which made me laugh!
Wednesday - this morning we all made mince pies and did loads of fimo'ing whilst waiting for Merry, Amelie and Josie to arrive. Then lunch, more play and gossip before the puddles departed. Charlie loved having them to stay so much, he loved the company and having dinner with other children and all brushing teeth at the same time - things he doesn't get to experience.
Thursday - ermm I know I worked and Charlie played with his robosapien quite a lot which drove me mad as he kept bringing it in my oficer. I still had quite a few orders between Amazon, Ebay and the odd one on the site which I found interesting especially as the customers didn't choose guaranteed delivery so they can't be buying Christmas presents. My laptop came back today with a nice new screen - very relieved as it means I can take it with me on holiday which will be essential for downloading all my photos every day and burning them on cd as well as uploading to flickr when I can find wireless hotspots.
Friday - no work for me today as I'd finished it all on Thursday so we went into town - hahaha - it was busy but necessary as I had two bills to pay and a business cheque to pay in. Got some last minute bits and pieces, dvd's and a Christmas cd too and a few extra presents as well. On they way back we went to Sainsburys which was heaving, for all the non fresh foods we had still to get.
Saturday - quiet day today listening to christmas cd's and mouching around. I decided to brave Sainsburys again for the veg and it was so much quieter than Friday! Also bought two more plain white mugs so Charlie could paint those for my grandmother and brother to go with the two he did for my parents.
My brother arrived at my parents a day early so we had two visits from him pre and post dinner - admired his new Nikon D80 and got into the traditional Canon -v- Nikon discussion which obviously, having a superior Canon I won. :)
Today has so far been quieter with more mince pie making and decoration making whilst listening to Christmas cd's on my laptop and tracking Santa on Norad which is making Charlie very hyper. Santa is currently in Hobart apparently. Charlie is also doing another drawing with his stockmar crayons.
Will blog photos later as I've got a feeling they are on two cameras.
No comments:
Post a Comment